Family Devastated After Their 2-Weeks-Old Baby Girl Was Murdered | "She Has Been Taken From Us"

Family Devastated After Their 2-Weeks-Old Baby Girl Was Murdered | "She Has Been Taken From Us"

The authorities confirmed that a 24-year-old was arrested on suspicion. However, he was left on bail.

One infant did not live long enough to take her first steps or say her first word. Before it could all happen, she passed away. According to Sky News, two-weeks-old Felicity-May Harvey died in January 2020. The infant was admitted to the hospital just three days earlier. 

On being alerted, the paramedics that arrived at her residence on Stirling Place in Heywood, Greater Manchester transferred her to the hospital. They told the police that they were worried about the infant's health. Despite the best efforts of the hospital staff, the newborn's life could not be saved. 


Meanwhile, the Greater Manchester Police stated that a 24-year-old man was arrested in the death of the infant. He is suspected to have murdered the infant. However, the man was later released on bail in light of the pending investigation. 

The heartbroken family of the infant paid tributes to her. They remembered their baby girl and said, "Our hearts are broken after losing our precious baby girl, Felicity-May. She was a gorgeous baby and always so alert, looking around with her big blue eyes." The baby was born with a cleft lip and palate on 16 January 2020, according to The Sun


"She was absolutely beautiful and incredibly brave and she melted the hearts of everyone who met her. What made her extra special was her cleft lip and palate, and despite the challenges of this, she was the most happy and content little girl. She was, and always will be, loved by her mum, sisters, and family and there is a huge void in all our hearts and lives now that she has been taken from us," said the devastated family. 

They added, "She was our special star, and it is not fair that she shone brightly for only a short time. When we look up at the sky, we will look through the clouds and know that the brightest star shining is our Felicity-May. Rest in peace baby girl. Sleep tight. Until we meet again, our precious angel."

Apart from the family, neighbors too shared their condolences. They left flowers and recalled the joy of her mother after giving birth. 


"The mum has still left the ribbon on as she was so overjoyed at the birth. I saw the baby once and she was beautiful. The mum seemed so happy and in love with her. You would see her take her other daughter to nursery and I have seen a boyfriend there a few times, but I don't think he lives there. It's a terrible tragedy," said a neighbor of the family. 

Meanwhile, an investigation has been opened to find the details of her death. The child's post mortem is expected to take place in the coming days. "Our investigation is ongoing; as always, we are keeping an open mind and have specialist officers working at the scene and on the investigation to establish the full facts of this case. This is a heartbreaking time and we ask the public to refrain from speculation and respect the family’s privacy at this time," said Detective Chief Inspector Carl Jones, of GMP’s Major Incident Team. 


He added, "This is a desperately sad incident where a baby girl has lost her life and we are doing what we can to support her loved ones at this incredibly difficult time." The Detective Chief also asked members of the public to contribute to the investigation by passing on any information they have. 

The public can contact the police on 0161 856 3400 quoting incident 1896 of 08/01/2021. Those who want to remain anonymous can share their tip at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.