17 Quotes By Ellen DeGeneres That Will Remind Us About Kindness & How To Love Others AND Yourself
These quotes by Ellen will inspire you and make you realize the importance of spreading love and kindness.
For almost two decades now, she has dominated the attention of the American viewers with her love to spread laughter and kindness. Ellen DeGeneres, famous stand-up comedian and the host of the popular show The Ellen DeGeneres Show is one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. Not only did she manage to make us laugh but inspired us through her thoughts. Ellen who never shied away from expressing herself is a role model to many.
Through her TV show, the 61-year-old has shown the world that kindness and love are above all. Here are a few quotes by the famous TV host that will inspire you.
1. "I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values."
2. "True beauty is not related to what color your hair is or what color your eyes are. True beauty is about who you are as a human being, your principles, your moral compass."
3. "We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that."
4. "Most comedy is based on getting a laugh at somebody else’s expense. And I find that that’s just a form of bullying in a major way. So I want to be an example that you can be funny and be kind, and make people laugh without hurting somebody else’s feelings."
5. "When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds."
6. "I am saddened by how people treat one another and how we are so shut off from one another and how we judge one another, when the truth is, we are all one connected thing. We are all from the same exact molecules."
7. "Sometimes you can’t see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others."
8. "Accept who you are. Unless you're a serial killer."
9. "It makes a big difference in your life when you stay positive."
10. "The thing everyone should realize is that the key to happiness is being happy for yourself and yourself."
11. "If we lived each day as our last, I bet we’d all be a lot more honest with people because we wouldn’t have to care what people think anymore."
12. "It always helps to think about other people instead of ourselves."
13. "Our flaws are what makes us human. If we can accept them as part of who we are, they really don't even have to be an issue."
14. "Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It's about knowing and accepting who you are."
15. "Laugh as much as you can. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Keep doing it even if people are passing you on the street saying, ‘I can’t tell if that person is laughing or crying, but either way, they seem crazy, let’s walk faster.’ Emote. It’s okay. It shows you are thinking and feeling."
16. "Gratitude is looking on the brighter side of life, even if it means hurting your eyes."
17. "Don’t worry about what people say about you. Let the naysayers nay. They will eventually grow tired of naying."