Heartbroken Parents Prepare For 12-YO Dying Daughter's Funeral, But She Recovered Only To Say These 7 Words

Heartbroken Parents Prepare For 12-YO Dying Daughter's Funeral, But She Recovered Only To Say These 7 Words

Doctors gave up their hope of saving the young girl, however, her will power brought her back to life.

Not all of us believe in miracles. The story of Abby Furco, the 12-year-old, will make you believe in one. The young girl who was diagnosed with leukemia was taken off medical treatments as the doctors wanted her to spend her last few days at home with her loved ones. Her parents who were heartbroken even began her funeral arrangements. However, fate took a miraculous turn that changed her life forever.

According to Epoch Times, Abby Furco was given a few more days to live and her parents had made all the funeral arrangements. However, even after being taken off all medical treatments, the girl who was believed to have a few more days to live, began recovering.


The resilient girl who pushed away death with courage told her shocked parents, "I have so much living to do," reported People.  Her mother who could not believe the recovery told, "We watched her die and come back to life," quoted Epoch Times.

Abby Furco was just 4-years-old when she was first diagnosed with a rare type of leukemia. The doctors told her parents Patty and Joe Furco that their little girl only had a 20 percent chance of survival. Her parents could not believe that their kid would soon leave them but the determined parents started her treatments hoping for her revival.


"We kept her surrounded by love because we knew at any moment we could lose her," said Patty to Epoch Times. "There were moments we didn’t know if she’d pull through, she has so many infections that could have ended her life."

For six long years, the little girl fought cancer with the support of her family. The girl went through a series of treatments that included radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Her parents who were devastated by their girl's illness stood by her and helped her through her pain and suffering.


Soon they began to see light when Abby got better in 2014. The young girl got back to school and was like any other child trying to make the most of her childhood.

However, the light didn't shine for long, in September 2014, cancer was back. This time, it hit her harder than the last time. "She became completely immobile, any movement hurt her and she hardly spoke," recalled Patty. In 2015, her health deteriorated badly as she developed disease from her donated bone marrow. Abby was moved into intensive care as her kidneys had given up and the young girl could not survive 48 hours without dialysis.

"Doctors told us it was time to let her go, she was only awake for like an hour each day," said Patty to Epoch Times. "We began preparing our other daughters for her death."

Screen Shot

In June 2016, doctors gave up their hope of saving the child. She was sent home to spent the last few days with her family.  While her parents began preparations for the funeral, her grandparents came in to see their granddaughter for the last time. 

But the next few weeks was just unbelievable, Abby woke up, she became stronger and healthier. “We couldn’t believe it, in a matter of days, weeks, months she started walking and getting stronger,” said her mom. “It’s an absolute miracle,” said her parents. 

Today Abby is well and still recovering. Her family is thankful that they could see their daughter alive. “Her zest for life is just amazing,” said Patty. “Now we’re looking to the future.”

While we might call this incident a pure miracle, Abby's doctor Dr. Wessler attributes it her will to live more.