More Than 300,000 People Recovered From The Deadly C-19 Across The World|Hear What Some Survivors Have To Say

More Than 300,000 People Recovered From The Deadly C-19 Across The World|Hear What Some Survivors Have To Say

About 24,125 people have recovered in the United States, according to the data released by the Johns Hopkins University.

The pandemic has caused widespread fear and panic among people. With the media and government briefing the public on the daily updates about the number of deaths and infected, many have started to lose hope. However, it is important to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. According to Wtxl, as of 8 April, 2020 more than 300,000 people from around the world have won the battle against the deadly C-19.


The data released by the Johns Hopkins University stated that 24,125 people have recovered in the United States, the country with the largest number of positive cases. China recorded the largest number of recoveries in the world with 77,649 people. Spain and Germany recorded 48,021 and 46,300 recoveries respectively. 

In addition to the numbers, the accounts from survivors prove that it is not impossible to fight the illness.

Elizabeth Schneider, 37, from Seattle, Washington

Elizabeth Schneider fell ill after she attended a house party on 22 February 2020. She experienced headaches, body pain and developed a small fever. However, she did not relate the symptoms to the virus attack. "I didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I was just a little tired," said the woman to CNN. Soon, her fever increased and the woman was tested positive.


Schneider stayed home and recovered within 10-16 days without hospitalization.  "If you are healthy, if you are younger, if you take good care of yourself when you're sick, you will recover, I believe. And I'm living proof of that," said the woman to CNN. 

Geneva Wood, 90, from Kirkland, Washington

In spite of being in the high-risk category, Geneva Wood won her battle victoriously. The pensioner was asked to take the test by her family. Soon after testing positive, she developed a fever. On 11 March 2020, her conditions worsened and her family had lost all hopes. “You just think it was a death sentence with her age,” recalled, Cami Neidigh, Wood’s daughter, according to Kiro7.


However, as days passed Wood began to show improvement. Soon, Wood was tested negative and her family was overjoyed. The pensioner jokes that her potato soup, a family recipe was that which brought her back.  “Well, potato soup, you know, all my life whenever I got sick, all I wanted was potato soup,” said Wood. 

Daniel Goldwyn, 25, from New Orleans, Louisiana 

Goldwyn first started developing symptoms when he was at work. “A couple weeks ago on a Friday I was at work and I noticed that I was starting to cough. Then that weekend, over the next two days I started to develop a fever, I was coughing more and more. There was a little bit of headache. Pressure in my skull," stated the man to Wwltv.


With classic symptoms, he wanted to get tested but was unable to. However, he received a telemedicine diagnosis that said he was positive. He was asked to stay quarantined at home for two weeks. The engineer stayed home and paid close attention to his symptoms. Soon, he recovered from the fever and began to work from home. Though he was faced with loneliness and pain, he was also able to remain positive.

Greg Foudy, 65, from Bergen County, New Jersey

Foudy tested positive after developing a fever on 10 March 2020. The man who had already heard about the virus spoke to his family doctor of 30 years. Soon, symptoms began to show up and the doctor warned him from showing up at the medical facility. "All the little things you do that you take for granted were lost. Walking up and down the hallway felt like I was running a marathon," said retiree, according to USA Today. Soon, he isolated himself from his wife and slept for more than 20 hours a day. “I felt like I’d rather be asleep than being awake and feeling that way,” said the man. Soon, he tested positive for the virus and by then the man was already better than the initial days. "I feel fortunate that I didn’t die or infect anyone else. I also was lucky," said the man after recovery to USA Today.

59-year-old Jenny from Falkirk, UK 

According to the Guardian, Jenny isolated herself after developing the symptoms of the virus. “I’m a week down the line from two weeks’ self-isolation in a van on my driveway,” said the woman. I have never experienced anything like it... It felt like I had a tight band going through my diaphragm," continued the woman. Jenny who recovered urged people to remain optimistic and isolate if needed. “Every single one of us can make a difference in the flattening of the epidemic curve,” said the woman.

These testimonies are proof that you can fight the illness with proper care. Therefore, it is important to comply with the precautionary measures laid by the government like social distancing, washing of hands, wearing a mask and isolation.