18 Quotes And Paintings By Vincent Van Gogh That Show Love And Beauty Can Come From Pain And Suffering
An artist who never got any recognition in his lifetime, Vincent Van Gogh had a way with images as well as words. Now, his limitless wisdom and talent are inspiring and encouraging to people around the world.
One of the greatest Dutch artists, Vincent van Gogh is well known for his post-Impressionist paintings and his ability to inspire people through his words. Though the artist remained poor and unknown throughout his life, his paintings and quotes were acclaimed by people all over the world after his death. Though he lived a short and difficult life struggling with mental illness, the artist had a way with words and saw beauty in the midst of his hardships. Here are a few quotes from the renowned artist that will help you find peace in the midst of any storms:
1. "As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed."
2. "I wish they would only take me as I am."
3. "Love always brings difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy."
4. "A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
5. "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
6. "Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone."
7. "I try more and more to be myself, caring relatively little whether people approve or disapprove."
8. "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths, it has its pearls too."
9. "Don't lose heart if it's very difficult at times, everything will come out all right and nobody can, in the beginning, do as he wishes."
10. "For me, life may well continue in solitude. I have never perceived those to whom I have been most attached other than as through a glass, darkly."
11. "I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God’s help I shall succeed."
12. "There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
13. "You can’t be at the Pole and at the Equator at the same time. You must choose your own line, as I hope to do, and it will probably be color."
14. "So let us go forward, quietly, each on his own path, forever making for the light."
15. "Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it."
16. "In spite of everything, I shall rise again; I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing."
17. "She and I are two unhappy ones who keep together and carry our burdens together, and in this way, unhappiness is changed to joy, and the unbearable becomes bearable."
18. "One must work and dare if one really wants to live."