Cruel Mother Abandons 3-Year-Old Son In A Freezing, Snow-Clad Graveyard Just Days Before Christmas

Cruel Mother Abandons 3-Year-Old Son In A Freezing, Snow-Clad Graveyard Just Days Before Christmas

The boy was later reunited with his father. In the meanwhile, the community came together and bought Christmas presents for the little boy.

Parents are supposed to protect their children but sometimes they become perpetrators themselves. A child was cruelly abandoned a few days before Christmas by his own mother. According to Mirror Online, an innocent 3-year-old boy was left at a cold and snowy cemetery along with his puppy. Though the helpless child ran behind the vehicle, it did not stop, thus leaving the boy alone in freezing temperatures. Fortunately, the boy was spotted by a passerby who spotted a car leaving the cemetery.  


According to the New York Daily News, the boy wearing wet clothes ran behind the blue and medium-sized vehicle with no shoes. On seeing the distressing sight, the woman immediately called 911. Soon, police arrived at the Hope Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Ohio to find the boy and the dog. They were immediately taken into protective custody. 

On being questioned, the boy stated that his name was Tony. He also told the first names of his parents to the police. However, he wasn't able to remember his home address. 



When the news of Tony's abandonment on December 23, 2020, became public, a lot of people from the community extended their hands in support. They sent emails and made phone calls to get the little boy to his house. Some of them even decided to cheer him up by dropping off holiday presents. Chief David Centner on the Hinckley Police Department thanked the community for their concern and love they showered on the kid. He stated, "I would like to thank everyone for their kindness in wanting to buy Christmas presents for Tony, take him in and adopt him. You all are amazing people and why we have such a great community here in Hinckley, all of Medina County and beyond," according to a Facebook page. 


The investigators are looking into the case. Currently, they are focusing on the mother of the child. According to ABC 6, the mother who is at a local medical facility might be charged for leaving behind her son at the graveyard alone. The father, on the other hand, is cooperating with the police. 

Shortly after, the Hinckley Police Department informed that the boy was placed under the care of his father. "I would like to update our case with our little friend Tony. This week he was placed back in the care of his father and reunited with his dog. I spoke with his father this morning and he expressed his appreciation to everyone for their generosity and said Tony is doing very well. I want to make it clear that the father was in no way involved with this incident and has been extremely cooperative with HPD and Children Services," said the Chief in a Facebook post. 

He also thanked the community for their support. "With regards to the outpouring of gifts, phone calls, emails, and posts extending your love and caring for Tony... We are truly humbled by the response not only locally but from across our great country! We can not thank each of you enough for your love and support. This outpouring is what makes Hinckley and our surrounding communities the best place to live and work!" said Chief Centner.